TaDi Snap Shots

Monday, June 11, 2012

Treasure Find 30 -- The Quest for Deep Sleep Indulgence and The Discovery of Remington Hotel


JUST AROUND THE CORNER (JATC): 

With my job, long quality sleep / rest has already been a much desired luxury for me. In fact, I even need to plan for it. No kidding, I myself am surprised. Oh well, I guess that already is the reality I have to face each day. With lots of thought and pseudo-planning, I finally came up with a decision -- take a break and get that much needed sleep / rest. After long hours at work (often until 12 midnight!) and several weekends sacrificed, I guess I deserve a day-off on a Monday right? :)  Sometimes you just need that different environment to destress, unwind and recharge.  And it doesn't have to be far or out-of-town.  I'll check-in and sleep in a hotel right here in Manila! 



So I planned for that quest for deep sleep indulgence.  But since I've been nice since birth haha, something much better came up!  I, together with the rest of my Bloggies Jeman Villanueva of Orange Magazine TV, Ruth Floresca of Write Breathe Live, Rod Magaru of The Rod Magaru Show, Myke Soon of Mix of Everything, Enrico Dee of Byahilo, Enzo Luna of Juan Manila, Alex Dizon of Recycle Bin of a Middle Child and John Michael Toress Bueno of Kumagcow just got an invite from Remington Hotel in Resorts World Manila to try their rooms! How could I say no to that right? So without much further ado, I gave my sweet yes and planned for that stay! :)






I was the first one to get into Remington on that day. So at around 11:00 am, Remington Hotel's Front Office Manager Paolo Sumera assisted me in checking in. Lolo Myke Soon was the second to arrive so I led him to the Reception as well. We then proceed to our rooms (yes each Bloggie had his own room!), freshened up and waited for the rest to come before we go to a lunch presscon in Resorts World. Right after that presscon, where all of us finally gathered, we went back to our rooms in Remington Hotel for a quick rest and then to main lobby of the hotel where we had talk with Resorts World Manila AVP for Hotel Sales & Marketing Christine Ibarreta, Sales Coordinator Lisa Dianne Delfin and Paolo.


Remington Hotel is the newest addition to RWM's lodging brands for the discerning traveler. Remington Hotel offers guests a comfortable and affordable stay right in the heart of Asia’s hottest playground, Resorts World Manila. The hotel offers top quality, value-for-money accommodations within RWM’s 24/7 entertainment and lifestyle facilities. Remington Hotel has 623 standard rooms and 89 units of serviced apartments.


With an average room size of 21 square meters, the standard rooms have two queen-sized beds, air-conditioning, in-room WiFi, in-room safety box, shower and bathroom, hot and cold water, power sockets on the wall, electronic keylock, telephone, luggage storage and daily housekeeping services. When you go to the lobby of Remington Hotel, you wouldn’t expect that it’s a value hotel as the floor area is too big with several couches and seats. Ms. Ibarreta explained that Remington Hotel, which is really an “egg roll” away from the airport, is designed for travelers and transient passengers, especially those in big groups. So the lobby is structured that way so they can accommodate all of them.


The serviced apartments, on the other hand, features a one queen size bed, sofa bed, dining table, cooking facilities, microwave oven, and refrigerator. The hotel is also equipped with electronic access key room cards, CCTV cameras, and trained round-the-clock staff. Meanwhile, high-quality mattresses and linen ensures a restful sleep, making Remington Hotel a home away from home.



Remington Hotel is RWM’s third lodging brand, along with the all-suite Maxims Hotel, and the 5-star Marriott Hotel. It is a great option for the savvy and cost-conscious traveller either for business or leisure. At the same time it is also ideal for family and friends, both here and abroad, who desire affordable hotel accommodations without compromising on quality and service.

Right after that talk, I am determined to get that elusive quality sleep but it has to wait for a while as we were up for an exciting tour! How can I resist that again right? I so love Resorts World because I feel like I traveled outside the country every time I visit the place! It was just both relaxing and overwhelming! We went to GameZoo and tried 4D, toured Maxims Hotel, ate gelato, had buffet dinner at Mercado and went to bar 360 for music trip and beer! How’s that for a Monday right? Haha, lucky me, lucky Bloggies!





So after that awesome day, we all headed back to Remington Hotel and savored what our rooms have to offer. Well, we may have been in separate rooms but the gang continued to chat and joked around as we are all connected in Facebook and Twitter! Thanks to the strong wi-fi! For me, I just want that sleep I’ve been talking about so what this value hotel is offering is just right for me! From what I heard, my room is priced at PhP3,900++ and that’s for good for two already! A serviced apartment on the other hand is at PhP4,900++. For buffet breakfast, a guest should just pay for PhP 420 net. There’s no ref inside my room but there are vendo machines in each floor which offer goods that are way cheaper compared to those you find in your room but won’t dare touch because it’s expensive haha. So at the middle of the night, with my shirt, shorts and sneakers, I went to the vendo and enjoyed that trip! Forgive me for my geekiness, but I wowed with the vendo I used, it moves like a robot! :D  And after all those treats, finally, I got the sleep I desired.  My room's bed, pillows, dim light, air conditioning and a play of nature sounds from my laptop put me into a good night sleep. 



So just when we thought we had enough of this cool experience, we had another great time at the buffet breakfast!


Paulo Sumera said that the hotel is basic, simple but the service is five-star. And I can attest to that. In that short but sweet overnight, I felt really good with my stay.  That experience rejuvenated and recharged me, and restored the energy I need to face again the demands of my work.  But this time, I could say, "Bring it on!"  :)  But when the time comes that I'll need again that break, for sure, I’ll come back to Remington Hotel and get that sleep indulgence once again.  :) 



1 comment:

Top Stories

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails