TaDi Snap Shots

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rush Hour Puppy Love

Bayanihan Republic:

During one of my routine trips going to work, while I take traffic congestion as my regular diet for breakfast, I noticed this funny display on the taxi dashboard.




Yup, these are the pups display with moving heads - left and right, up and down, and in circle. I usually don’t mind these displays (and there's a lot of kind!) but well because of the long wait during my ride, it then caught my attention. I then remembered the “Hindi Ka Pilipino Kung” TVCs of Goldilocks featuring Dingdong Dantes. Hindi ka Pilipino kung di ka pa nakakasabit sa jeep. Hindi ka Pilipino kung kund di ka pa nakakakain ng balut. And I know it will be a long laundry list of signs to show how Filipino you are. And I think, the display of these pups on dashboards is one of them! =)  Hindi ka Pilipino kung di ka pa nakakakita ng mga puppy display na ito! =)

And I remember there was even a time that the use of these pup displays was ridiculed, in radio, in simple conversations. But as for me, it just brought me some smiles, a silent laugh and another realization that this is just a simple Pinoy ingenuity.



Pinoys just love putting design in almost everything. We can see that in Philippine jeepneys, our homes, schools and offices during Christmas season and festivals, our own bedrooms, cars, desks, computer wallpapers and even our own facebook accounts! =) So these pups are not complete strangers to our lifestyle!


Second, many of us love dogs. They are our bestfriends, remember? =)  And I think this brings working people (both the driver and the passenger) the idea of being home away from home. And any simple thing that gives us the feeling of being closer to home is always a welcome idea.


And lastly, let’s face it, road trip in Metro Manila (especially during rush hours) is a burden that we really can’t avoid. And these pups give a little entertainment to give us some relief from stress so that we can endure this dreaded city congestion.

So, I guess, let’s just take life easy, we don’t have to be hard on the people who use these dashboard displays. Chill out and let the pups do their thing. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Stories

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails