TaDi Snap Shots

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ensaymadang Malolos, inipit, pastillas face new competition

Scene Stealers:

When you talk about food, Malolos has been known for inipit, ensaymadang Malolos, pastillas and other kakanin (delicacies made out of sticky, gelatinous rice).  Now, they are facing tough competition as the historical city is now flooded with popular and modern fast food chains and restaurants.

It only used to have Jollibee, Chowking, Greenwich, Max's and Fortune but now, just right in front of Bulacan State University, a complex houses Kentucky Fried Chicken, Mang Inasal, Figaro and Gerry's Grill.  To be honest, I welcome this development as I don't have to bring my family and relatives all  the way to Metro Manila just to bring them to these establishments.  And, late night movie watching with folks would be much more fun as there will be more choices available for food delivery.



'But at the back of my mind, I am asking myself if it's right and selfish for me to feel this way? What will happen to our best loved ensaymadang Malolos, inipit, chicharon and pastillas?  Will they kill these delicacies that made Malolos popular in the gastronomic map?  Well, I can only speak for myself.  I do love these fast food products and I equally adore, or even more, Malolos' native delicacies, but it doesn't mean they cannot co-exist.  They both serve different purpose and it's always good that consumers are offered with variety of options.  My only wish is that the local government to give a push to developing and marketing Malolos' food industry further so they can really go full blast in the competition.

In terms of land development, I'll let legal experts talk about that but from what I see, the new establishment was built at the main road and most likely, it's not part of a prime rice land that should not be converted for commercial or residential use.  If you think I'm wrong, I would like to hear from you. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Stories

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails